Five card Tarot readings are a popular layout to choose because they give a little more insight than a three card reading would, yet they aren’t quite as long and intense as a ten card reading. Five card spreads are a regular part of most Tarot readers’ repertoire since they can be used for a number of different situations. The simplicity of five card spreads make them easy to modify and adapt depending on the querent’s question. Five card spreads can be used when someone needs quick answers, they need help seeking a course of action, or they need support through a time of transition and change. Here you will be presented with a basic five card spread and some of its common variations.
You may also be interested in…
The Basic Five Card Tarot Spread
The basic five card Tarot spread can be used for determining a course of action. This spread isn’t too hard to perform and is great for beginner level Tarot readers. The five card layout offers a little more insight into the querent’s problem and suggests a possible outcome for the situation.
- Card 1: The Present – This card represents the present situation of the querent. It will also set the general theme for the reading. You’ll want to keep your question in mind before drawing this card.
- Card 2: The Past – This card reveals past events that are still having an influence on the current situation.
- Card 3: The Future – This card shows you the future outcome of the situation.
- Card 4: Reasons/Causes – This card will reveal the reasons/causes that led to the querent’s current situation. This card may reveal any obstacles that may be standing in your way of achieving your desired results. This card goes with card 2 and can shed some light on those past events effecting the situation.
- Card 5: Potential – This card will reveal the possible outcome that can occur if the querent continues on their current path. This card shows what may happen when the querent takes a certain course of action.
The Five-Card Horseshoe Spread
This layout is a variation on the basic five card spread. In general, the definitions of the cards are the same in both layouts. It’s a good spread to use when looking for some quick answers. This spread is simple enough that it can be repeated several times to represent the different aspects of a problem.
- Card 1: This card represents the querent’s present situation.
- Card 2: This card represents the querent’s expectations about the situation. This may reveal things that the querent currently believes or hopes will come true.
- Card 3: This card represents the unexpected. This card may reveal what is being hidden from you.
- Card 4: This card represents the near future. This is what is going to happen in the coming days or weeks. These will be things that are just out of reach for the querent, but are approaching soon.
- Card 5: This card represents the far future. This will reveal the long-term consequences of the situation.
Five Card Spread for Embracing Change
This is a five card spread that is useful when you need help navigating through a transitional period in your life. Major changes can be hard to accept and overwhelming, so it can be helpful to consult the Tarot for some guidance.
- Card 1: This card will reveal your best course of action to make the transition easier for you.
- Card 2: This card will reveal the people, attitude, beliefs, or things that will help you through these big changes. This will be things that can help you feel grounded and stable.
- Card 3: This card will provide insight into why all of these changes are happening. This card will show you how you will benefit from the situation.
- Card 4: This card will reveal the things you need to let go of to move on. It may also reveal past wisdom that will help you through your transition.
- Card 5: This card will provide you with Higher Guidance. This card will reveal the important things you need to know about this transition period.
Five Card Money Spread
This layout is a modification of the basic five card spread. It is useful when you want to examine your current financial situation.
- Card 1: This card represents your current financial situation.
- Card 2: This card will reveal if money is coming to you in the near future.
- Card 3: This card represents opportunities that you may want to look at closer. These will be opportunities or situations that have the potential for you to have some financial gains.
- Card 4: This card will reveal any people or projects that will help you financially.
- Card 5: This card will reveal the outcome of your financial situation.
As you can see, the simplicity of the five card spread makes it the perfect Tarot layout for modification. You have the freedom to change the positions and descriptions of any of the five cards to better suit your needs.
Although five-card readings are a great way to receive some quick answers, I have an even simpler way of giving you the answers you need. Request your free 3-card reading from me today and I will shed some insight into your past, present, and future. This personal, no strings attached reading may just illuminate the hidden truths of your life.